Monday, September 1, 2014

[Skincare] Review: Bifesta Cleansing Lotion in SEBUM

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


A couple of years ago, (back in 2011, I believe.) I bought my first ever Bifesta Cleansing lotion in Age Care. At that point, being in this paranoid state, I decided to purchase it in order to prevent any wrinkles. Heck, I was only 17 then! I wasn't able to properly review it because it would have been a disservice. Also, the product was way too moisturizing for my oily skin to take. My skin didn't need much anti-aging products back then. Now that I'm 20, my skin is still more or less in that state, thankfully.

I was a little smarter a month back and got it in Sebum. I have Normal-Slight Combination skin so I thought this would work a little better. Also, my schedule has gotten more hectic. I wanted to try a product that wouldn't make me continually wash my face over and over again. On normal days, I'd wear a primer-medium coverage foundation-concealer-eyebrows and the occasional mascara. It's a tedious process and I don't exactly like smothering oil cleansers on my face to dissolve 'em Japanese brand mascaras so I prayed that may this product work.

And thankfully, it did. 


I've been using this product for over 2 months now. 

*Drumroll, please!*

I am absolutely in love with it! I'm not sure if it's because I've gained some form of maturity when it comes to removing my make-up. (I've only recently learned of the Japanese way of 'Double Cleansing' and I've been practicing it religiously since then.) But for some reason, whenever I use this product and seeing all my stubborn make-up removed in just a couple of seconds without having to wash my face with water is so gratifying! 

The product is fragrance-free, non-comodogenic and water-based. True enough, the consistency feels like splashing cold water on your face. It gives off a cool effect on my skin which I love a lot. The packaging looks great and clean on my vanity. There's a freakin' pump. What's not to like? Apparently, not so much.

Above, I have a couple of heavy duty make-up swatched (if there even was a word...) on my skin. I allowed the products to dry up for a bit before testing the cleansing lotion to be able to test its efficacy.


I prefer using wide cotton pads as opposed to the typical cotton balls they usually sell here in the Philippines. I find that the cleansing water disperses evenly therefore the pads are soaked and product is distributed equally so when you wipe your make-up off, a larger area is cleansed. Less time to remove your make-up and more room for more important things!


The best way to use this product, I believe, is to allow the cotton pad to stay in one area first to dissolve the cosmetics. (Especially on your eye area.) Afterwards, gently wipe ahead without rubbing!




+++
  • Can easily be found anywhere in the Philippines! (They're actually being sold at our nearest Shopwise! All 4 variants nonetheless!)
  • A whole bottle can last you for at least 1 1/2 - 2 months. I use a lot more product as I make sure to wipe my skin off well whether I wash off using a cleanser or not.
  • Pretty cheap at PHP 419 pesos. (Roughly around $8-9 dollars!)
  • Doesn't make my skin feel sticky afterwards.
  • After using, my skin feels completely moisturized. It also has a refreshing feeling after using.
  • Packaging looks great! 
  • Removes my make-up well!
  • Did not break me out in any way.

---
  • Does not remove stubborn, waterproof makeup so be sure to use a different product for those kind of cosmetics!
Notes:
  • Do not rub the cotton pad against your skin. 
  • If you've worn your make-up + sunscreen and was out the whole day, I would still advise to wash your face after with a cleanser.
Overall, I'm definitely pleased with this product. I've actually just purchased the Bright Up + Moist variants and will probably do a review on them soon! For more information, you can go here.


No comments:

Post a Comment